How to Ride a Llama in Minecraft
Wondering how to ride a llama in Minecraft? This post covers everything you need to know about riding llamas.
Updated August 30, 2019
Answer: How to Ride a Llama in Minecraft
Before you can ride a llama, you'll need to find one.
Llamas typically inhabit Savanna or Extreme Hills biomes. Locate a llama before proceeding to the next step.
One you've found a llama, you'll need to tame it.
You'll tame a llama by trying to mount it repeatedly until it's tamed. Follow these steps:
- Mount the llama
- On PC/Mac, right-click the Llama
- For PS3/PS4, tap the L2 button on your controller while near the Llama
- On Xbox 360/Xbox One, tap the LT button on your controller while near the Llama
- For Nintendo Wii/Switch, tap the ZL button while near the Llama
- On the Pocket Edition, hover over the Llama and tap Mount
- The llama will likely throw you off. If this happens, repeat the step #1 until you don't fall off anymore.
- Eventually, red hearts will appear around the llama and it will allow you to ride it without throwing you off.
The llama is now tamed, and you can do all sorts of things with the llama (see below).
More Info: What you can do with Llama in Minecraft
Putting Carpet on Llamas:
Once you've tamed a llama, you can put a carpet on it.
After you've mounted the llama, open your inventory, select a carpet, and move it from your inventory to the llama.
After exiting the inventory screen, you'll now see a carpet on your llama.
Putting a chest on a Llama
Similar to the steps for putting a carpet on a llama, you can have a llama carry a chest.
You can also feed llamas in Minecraft. They eat wheat and hay bales.
Feeding a llama wheat will restore 2HP. Feeding a llama a hay bale will restore 10HP.
Feeding a baby llama will speed up its growth.
More Info: Animals in Minecraft
There are over 30 different types of animals in Minecraft.
Minecraft players can interact with animals in various ways. While some animals are passive, others are friendly or hostile.
Some animals can be tamed as pets, including cats, donkeys, horses, llamas, mules, and parrots.
Sources: How to Ride a Llama in Minecraft
GamerShrewd is an independent gaming blog launched in 2019. We thoroughly research every post we write and every question we answer to make sure you get the best possible gaming advice.
We answered How to Ride a Llama in Minecraft based on our own personal experience in-game, as well as research from websites like IGN, Gamepedia, DigMinecraft, and Gamespot.
See any errors or missing information on this answer? Let us know here.