How to Uninstall Overwatch: Windows
To uninstall Overwatch on Windows, you have two options:
Uninstalling Overwatch from the Battle.net Desktop App:
- Open the Battle.net desktop app.
- Click on the Overwatch icon on the left side of the app.
- Next, click on the Options menu.
- Click Uninstall Game and follow the prompts.
Uninstalling via Windows:
- Click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Uninstall a Program.
- Find Overwatch and select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts.
If this method doesn't work, try the method above.
How to Uninstall Overwatch: Xbox One
To uninstall Overwatch on Xbox One, do the following:
- From the home screen, press the Xbox button to bring up the dashboard.
- Select the My Games & Apps tile.
- Highlight the Overwatch tile.
- Press the menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- From here you choose Uninstall All.
How to Uninstall Overwatch: PS4
To uninstall Overwatch on PS4, do the following:
- Select the game you want to uninstall, either from the main menu or from your library.
- Press the Options Button on your controller.
- Scroll down to and press Delete.
- Confirm the deletion by hitting OK.
Overwatch is an online multiplayer first-person shooter.
The game uses a team-based play mechanic. In an Overwatch match, players organize into two teams of 6. Players can select from over 30 characters, called heroes, with unique abilities and play styles.
Blizzard Entertainment developed and published the game. Overwatch is available on Windows, XBox One, and PlayStation 4. At the time of publication, Overwatch is not available on Mac.
Overwatch is set on Earth approximately 60 years in the future after humanity released robots called Omnics, some of which attacked humans. In the story, the United Nations created the Overwatch to combat Omnics and restore order.
The game has received glowing praise from publications including Destructoid, Game Informer, GameSpot, IGN, PC Gamer, Escapist, and the Guardian.
Alex Hern, the Guardian's UK Technology Editor, compared Overwatch to Team Fortress 2, noting that the games are incredibly similar in both play style and aesthetic. However, he also called Overwatch "fast, fun, and a joy throughout" and gave the game a 5-star review.
Similarly, writers at other publications criticized the game for being unoriginal, but praised the gameplay and tactics.
GamerShrewd is an independent gaming blog launched in 2019. We thoroughly research every post we write and every question we answer to make sure you get the best possible gaming advice.
We answered How to Uninstall Overwatch based on our own personal experience in-game, as well as research from websites like IGN, Gamepedia, DigMinecraft, and Gamespot.
See any errors or missing information on this answer? Let us know here.